Latest Reviews

4/20/2011

MNML SSGS - Terre [Thaemlitz] Talks

Terre Thaemlitz is one of the most interesting people in this musical island that we all hold close to our hearts. She has the ability to spiral into the depths of your mind with thought provoking music and words. This all became rather apparent when I read a few in depth interviews that have been posted by the great folks at MNML SSGS and Little White Earbuds around the time she released her a long player titled Midtown 120 Blues under her DJ Sprinkles alias. Her music pulls you into a world that you don’t quite understand because it’s so intimate and clearly hinged on personal experiences. For me, this makes some of the music difficult to wrap my head around because there is a certain level of empathy one gains after repeated listens. It doesn’t hurt that for every introspective and wandering groove, she can make you jack like a kid on a pogo stick.

Which brings me to the reason for this post; MNML SSGS recently did a 3 part interview with Terre covering relevant topics related to production, distribution and some other bits and bobs that will make you think. I don’t know this personally as I haven’t had the time to read it myself, but if there is one thing for certain, it is that every time I read or hear something Terre has had a hand in, it makes me think differently. Below are the links to the 3 part series enjoy. I've also included a link to Terre's discogs page for those of you not familiar with her extensive body of work.

Terre Talks Part I of III

Terre Talks Part II of III

Terre Talks Part III of III

Terre Thaemlitz Discography
Read our Previous Post

No comments:

Post a Comment