Latest Reviews

9/10/2012

Grooveman Spot - Runnin' Pizza [Jazzy Sport]




Last night, while reading through the interview on the latest RA podcast, DJ Nature mentioned the Japanese label Jazz Sport. That made me think of a wicked deep house EP I picked up awhile ago. While I can't find any trace of that in my collection or online, I hopped over to Juno to check out what they've been up to.

I browsed through for the deep house EPs and stumbled upon this little gem from Grooveman Spot. Jazzy Sport is known for their broken beat and hip-hop releases, but these are some proper slow house burners. None of these tracks break 115 bpm mark. There is a good portion of "slow house" that bores me to tears but this is not the case for these. I don't have a true favorite from this either, each track has it's time and place. I love digging up releases that just have that timeless feel and this is definitely one of them.
Read our Previous Post

No comments:

Post a Comment